Tuesday 22 November 2011

I've been doing covered journals (see previous post) and decided to branch out into 2012 diaries. Everyone needs a diary for the new year, right? So far I'm experimenting with printed cotton, a great range of shweshwe, embroidered maps of Africa, felt and of course, some hearts. The cotton makes for a neater fit than the tweed (very bulky) and I feel you can't go ever go wrong with shweshwe! I don't feel I've quite 'got' it yet. There are elements of all of it that I really love, and then somehow I don't feel like its really 'working' quite yet. I think the felt hearts (situated, of course, in South Africa) probably stand out a bit too much and I might try some fancy embroidery stitch there rather. Hmm. A work in progress.

So I'll be selling these at the NG Christmas Market (1-3 Dec in Grahamstown, Hill Str) but if anyone is keen to order let me know. I'm on c.brauteseth@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment